Self-aligning screw thread?

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".
BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

I only heard of it once, from my father when I was attempting to attach a lenshood onto a FED 4 35mm film camera, which has a very very fine thread.
BTW, it's manoeuvre.

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century. I'm really not impressed with the devices we use today. On the one hand we have mobile phones which are more powerful than supercomputers a few decades ago, but then simple little things are still shit. We still use the internal combustion engine for example. We can't cure the simplest of diseases. For goodness sake, priorities anyone?

That’s not accurate with vaccination alone.

We’re doing fine with that with vaccination.
On 18/02/2019 02:22, BillD wrote:

vaccination is not a cure, its a prophylactic.
The body cures simple diseases. All by itself.
Of course we can cure many others with antibiotics, but they have become so rare that no one gets them anymore.
Many cancers can be cured by chemotherapy.
'Commader Kinsey' is of course just another nym shift from a resident troll.
--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.

ump

I'm

we

use

est of diseases.

Not easily. Even catching a cold drains your energy.

me

Which isn't pleasant, and not all cancers.

troll.
ROTFPMSL! You shot yourself in the foot there. BillD is Rod Speed.

That’s hair splitting given that smallpox has been eliminated from the wild. That’s a real cure.

Just how do you decide what is a ‘simple disease’ ?

No one gets what anymore ?

And by surgery.

On 18/02/2019 16:59, BillD wrote:

No, it isnt a cure. Its extermination
Cure means get better after you get sick, not "not getting sick in the first place".

One that the body cures all by itself

Typhus, diptheria, typhoid, cholera, plague, leprosy....to name but 6

let them."
One basic flaw with the "turn backwards to catch the thread" approach: you've just carefully wrapped the threads with teflon tape in the right direction, and now you've unwound it.
On 2/18/2019 5:21 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Who is still receiving the attention she strives.

jump

I'm

d we

l use

ome

I'm male, I don't strive attention I just ask questions like anyone else, and it's not my fault if people can't control their killfiles. Most people can actually see replies to someone they've blocked!! Severe software error there.
Commander Kinsey wrote:

Fuck off Hucker.

Is that the best you can do? Are you on nasty medication or something? Or are you drinking again?

mp

'm

we

use

st of diseases.

Cold vaccine anyone?

Stop repeating yourself Rod Speed.

We don’t have bone because it evolves too fast.

Good thing nobody gives a shit what you think. You don't like something, make it better, collect the money and STFU!

There are billions of people in the world, a lot of which are brilliant inventors, they're the ones that should be doing it.

..and we've established you are brilliant nor that bright since you are completely incapable of aligning a screw properly.
On 2/20/2019 8:43 AM, Meanie wrote:

Correction: "aren't" brilliant.....