Seeking plug-and-hang ret

Chuck:

D > I am converting my basement into a type of billiards/tiki/retro D > lounge, and am looking for a hanging set of lamps to hang next to my D > bar. I know exactly what I am looking for -- a set of three, colored D > (usually primaries like blue, red, and yellow) pendant lamps (glass D > preferred but plastic okay) that hang at different heights...pretty D > standard mid-century retro lounge stuff. However, I'd prefer a lamp D > set that I can plug in to the convenient outlet next to my bar, and D > then I could just run the cord up to a hook on the ceiling (as opposed D > to attaching directly to a ceiling outlet box). D > D > Compared to a lot of the crazy products I try to find online, this one D > seems like it would be pretty easy to find, but I haven't yet been D > able to find what I want. Can anyone recommend some sites I might D > visit?

Perhaps visit the local 'retro' shops? Probably have names like "Annie's Attic". Know there are some in Chicago I've visited but of course can't recall the names.

Another option would be to make your own. There are swag lamp kits ==> chain and electric cord. Not sure what you'd use for the globes - seen "glass paint" on one of the home makeover shows (TLC, Discovery channels). Buy replacement globes or adapt a lightset.

  • Where do you find a dog with no legs? Right where you left him.
Reply to
barry martin