Seatbelts Dammit!

Most headons occur without warning. A sudden swerve into oncoming traffic, a blind curve, a moment's inattention.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

True. I vaguely remember the days before I-80 was running through Nebraska. Highways

6 and 34 were the main east-west roads. Both two lane. It seemed like the local tv news had at least one head-on collision every evening to talk about.
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I have seen a lot of these on dash cam videos from Australia.

I'm reminded of a head on I was in years ago on my first visit to the UK. A coworker was driving and we had just left a motorway on a clover leaf with three lanes for two way traffic and he was in the center lane. No traffic but here comes a car in the center lane towards us and he turns right and the other car turns left and we hit head on. My coworker was born and raised in Northern Ireland but had been in the US for several years. He forgot where he was. Both cars were totaled but seat belts and low speed kept us from being injured. My coworker was refused another rental and I had to get it and drive the rest of the way. Nightmare for me driving on the left and standard shift on the left.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 21:47:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

That's shocking!

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 07:49:36 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

I was curious that they added "Details are limited at this point however it appears that speed may have been a factor, as well as occupying the same lanes of travel in opposite directions." Ya think going the wrong way with no lights on was a factor? They are sure to add in speed because they need more money for radar... "Details are limited at this point" means ignore the story and you will forget about whatever our conjectures were.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 09:03:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

Especially if it's an EV. :-)

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 01:29:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

At least some well meaning bystanders weren't juiced up enough to try to help her.

Reply to
Tekkie©