sealing against wasps - shutters on vinyl siding

Hi folks ; I've just removed 6 decorative aluminum shutters for painting and found a few dozen wasp nests behind - some nests were old ; some were active < 1 sting > The 2 lower shutters were against brick - with a few nests ; the 4 upper smaller shutters were against vinyl "clapboard" 5 inch .. with many nests . Is there any product to seal the back of these shutters from wasps ? I hesitate to use caulk - it " welds " the flimsy shutters to the flimsy siding ... John T.
On Fri, 03 Aug 2018 15:47:09 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

I just had my garage sided with vinyl. Wife noticed a gap and was concerned about wasps or bees getting in there. The siding guy said don't caulk them as they are intended for drainage. I'm going to just spray some wasp killer back there every year or two.