Screen Door Question

I have a screen door, (or a "storm door") that when it was originally installed about 15 years ago, sat straight and plumb in the door way.

This screen door is not the single piece type, where the whole thing, door and frame together, just bolt right on to the outside wall. This door was installed with the door and the frame all separately. Even the frame came as long lengths and had to be cut and mitered to fit.

As I mentioned, 15 years ago, it sat straight and plumb. Now, it seems to be cocked or "off' somehow. There's a section on one side where it doesn't even meet the door jamb any more.

I can only assume that over the past 15 years, the house , door, or doorway has shifted, and there's no real way to adjust anything in this door.

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before, and is there another move besides replacing the door?

Thanks!

Reply to
Don

I had this happen in my house also. I found the easiest solution was to replace the door. The new doors are made much better and I am glad I replaced it. Much sturdier and much more insulated.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Check the fasteners. Tighten screws on the frame? I would start there.

Oh, and ANY door can be adjusted!

Reply to
Oren