screen door problem

I recently replaced a beat up sliding screen door to my patio with a new one. Same size, and seemingly same dimensions, except that the new one is "adjustable-height". The problem I have is when I close the new door is with the bug shield, which is basically a rubber strip that trails the door and seals out bugs. Well, the bug shield works when I close the door, but when I go to slide the screen door open, the trailing edge of the bug shield catches on the glass, and curls around on itself and eventually stops the door from opening further from the friction of the rolled up rubber bug shield on the glass door behind it. I tried cutting the bug shield down, but no dice - after a certain point it is too short and gets hung up on a metal flange that separates the glass door from the static glass panel. Now I tried putting up foam weather stripping, but that hardly works too since in order to get a good seal, it makes the sliding door very hard to open or close, and there are still gaps big enough for mosquitos to get through. Any suggestions? I'm dying here.

Reply to
Matt

Longshot response.

From your description it sounds like the rubber seal is on the inside edge of the screen.

If it were on the outside it would not hit the door.

Can it be reversed?

The cost of a new strip is better than being eaten alive by skeeters.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

What about gluing the bug strip to whatever would make sense

Reply to
hrhofmann