scratched glass

Hi, I had some old French doors with the window panes painted over. I removed the paint but in the process scratched the hell out of the glass. I can't replace 15 small pieces (the original molding is so good etc.) Can I polish away the scratches? . Thanks Frank

-- .................................................................. Tu sitio para el aprendizaje del Inglés;

Libros en Español, Diccionarios Electrónicos:

<americamba

I have heard about using this stuff called jewelers rouge. This is good for minor scratches. Another (and quicker ) alternative is to try this stuff called liquid glass. THis is supposed to work pretty good on covering up scratches.

Reply to
Captain Ron

Frank the troll, 15 panes , you are missing one. Replace it or replace the door

Reply to
m Ransley

Yes, there are ways of removing said scratches...I used to do just that, working for my company, resurfacing glass parts. Not hard at all, just took a bit of work.

HIgh speed air tools are best for this job and sanding disks and finally a sort of "Liquid Glass Polish" will return the glass its former glory...Watch out for the molding though...

Reply to
Gene

Yes. It is easier to replace the glass. And now you know--Don't use a razor blade on glass again.

Reply to
Phisherman