Sawdust containment

That looks like what I'm looking for, alright. I will study the literature some. Thanks!

Reply to
Smitty Two

It's a little expensive but it works really well. The sawdust just drops to the bottom of the "tent". You can put a pail underneath (I use a plastic tote) and it slides off into it. If you're working outside, there's a top flap that can be used to keep the saw dry if it rains. I wouldn't leave the thing outside long, though. It's shaped a lot like a box kite. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I like this idea, but I've got a cathedral ceiling in the desired work area.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Yeah, the static isn't an issue worth trying to solve in this case. I just brought it up because it adds to the amount of blowing I do at cleanup time ...

Reply to
Smitty Two

Dude, you are a.h.r.'s most tireless typist. I appreciate this effort, but it's too much work for my situation.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Shearing is not an option for this somewhat C-shaped profile.

Reply to
Smitty Two

A antistatic air gun attachment would make blowing very easy, but it's a few bucks.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Reply to
ChairMan

little cheaper

ChairMan

Thanks, Oren. It's a great product, but the room I'm working in is essentially a warehouse, with 30' ceilings.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Thanks for the link. I followed it, then later on another computer just searched amazon for "chop saw hood", and found FastCaps at several different price points. Do you guys know if they make different models? One of them had a model number, but the other ones didn't seem to.

Reply to
Smitty Two

I think there is onlt one, but could be wrong(always a first time) :) checked their website, they only show one

ChairMan