Savings on Electric

In another post you may have read about saving on oil. I'm also saving some electricity.

In recent months I've had to replace a couple of appliances, washing machine and dishwasher. Both are energy star qualified, a Maytag washer, top load, and KitchenAid dishwasher. Also installed a second low water flush toilet.

The last water bill was about the same use. I thought I'd have done at least a little better. Today, I looked at the electric bills for January and February. Both are down quite a bit. I did notice that the washing machine does a better job of spinning the water out and the dryer runs less. For the two month, my use is down 226 KW. In my area that amounts to $38.42. At that rate the payback for appliances will be only 147 months. Not quite the same as the oil burner.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Silly. If you want to save on electric, just start the appliances an hour later than you usually would. Works all the time.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon