Rust Stains on Interlocking Drive From Plow

The landscaper who cares for a condo ( individual homes type of condo ) I'm managing used a metal blade to plow the drives for his first winter season. The blade left rust coloured scrapes on some of the drives w/ interlocking brick. That was 3 years ago and the stains are still there. He's since capped the blade with plastic and now only leaves white coloured scraping stains, which seem to be removable.

The rust stains won't come out though and the homeowners are mad. They are demanding that the landscaper repair or replace the drives that have been damaged. He's tried to remove the stains w/ no success and is now faced w/ having to replace the drives, which would be very expensive ( insurance isn't an option ), or end up in court. This has the potential to seriously damage or destroy his business.

I'm wondering if there is someone who has tried removing this type of stain before and has some advice for doing so. It seems to me that there must be some compound out there that will do this job.

tia

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

Condo owners geese , replace a drive because of rust stains, what a bunch of nothing better to do jerks. They will loose in court by the way.

There are different acids that can be tried. The #1 co for concrete cleaning chemicals is Detritch Chemicals in Wisconsin, spelling may be wrong but their products are used on the biggest and best monuments , buildings and skyscrapers in the US.

He otta plow everyones car in the ditch and quit.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
nospambob

seems to me anyone you might have hired would have used a steel plow to plow snow who would have know rust would have occurred on the pavers seems the pavers are the problem If I were the plow person I would tell the condo ass. to claim loss on insurance or take me to court afterall they had to have the snow removed and any one doing it would have had the same trouble its the pavers stupid

its a typical condo ass. move, blame anyone else for there problem

Reply to
fsteddie