Roofing with threat of rain

Before he removes anything, demand written evidence of the insurance he carries against rain damage to job sites.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

In my experience most weather services can't predict *yesterday* with any accuracy. I'd have it tarped.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Been there and done that. Make him tarp it.

Reply to
Art

My roof job was scheduled to start tomorrow - complete tearoff down to the skip sheathing being the first order of business. The house is 2 story and about 30 x 40 feet.

I had to ask the roofer to delay the start due to a snafu in my funding scenario, but now it's set for Friday, with a small possibility it won't start until Tuesday November 1st. The roofer told me that a Friday start will mean the attic will be open to the weather over the weekend. If the forecast indicates rain he will obviously tarp. Should I insist on them tarping in any case? Right now (It's Sunday) there's a forecast for a "few showers" on Friday and "Partly Cloudy" on Saturday and Sunday, and "Mostly Cloudy" on Monday the 31st (I'm in Berkeley, CA). How much trouble is it for this roofer to tarp the house as a precaution?

Thanks for any information.

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Musicant

Why would you even take a chance? Tarp the house or pay the price!

Reply to
Al Moran

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 15:38:52 GMT, Dan_Musicant wrote in alt.home.repair:

"Hello. Weather Bureau? Hey, I called to tell you that I've just finished shoveling four inches of partly cloudy and cooler out of my driveway. Thanks much."

Reply to
Dick Yuknavech

NO, have them strip the roof on Friday. Tell them to forget the tarp because there is no rain forcasted. As soon as the guys leave, start hosing down the roof. Flood the whole place causing a few ceilings to collapse. Call your insurance company tell them there was a terrible rainstorm. Collect lots of money and enjoy the riches. You can always slop some ceiling tiles up and forget the water damages, water will dry in time....

Also, dont forget to have your lawyer contact the roofers and threaten to sue them. You'll get a free roof too !!!!

Reply to
anoldfart2