Roof Leak? Possible Vent, whats next?

Hi All, Today its been raining almost all day and then my wife calls me over to the stove and sure enough there's water coming out of the hole where the electric wires are for the range hood (these power the light and the fan). I checked the roof and no missing shingles, but with all the rain I didn't get up on the roof I only looked from the edge. Ok so whats next? I don't want this to go on to long, Oh ya the house is only 4 years old and the shingles are rated at 25 years. On the roof what should I be looking for that would tell me where the bad area is? Thanks all,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Becker

Do you have access to the attic space? I'd begin there while it's raining. Then I'd make a call to the builder of the house. Are they still in business?

--Mike

Reply to
Mike Fritz

My guess is the vent is leaking. If you can get into the area under the roof and over the kitchen you should be able to find the problem. Be careful and don't step between the rafters.

It may well be still under warrantee so check with your builder.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Ok, I forgot to mention that the house is a modular, so no attic, anyway to find leak from the roof without tearing up all the shingles? Bill

Reply to
Bill Becker

Reply to
Steven Bliss