Marble tile installation

I plan to install marble tile around the fireplace. The surface is painted brick. Should I strip off the paint first? What adhesive would you recommend? Should I install wire mesh? Thank you.

Taty

Reply to
Taty

You understand it will almost certainly be stained, assuming you actually use the fireplace for fires?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I would suggest polymer-modified thinset. However you need something in white, the standard gray can bleed through porous marble. Paint has to come off.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch