Rigid Screwgun Followup

Last week I took the Rigid Screwgun back to Home Depot. It was getting very inconsistent depths due to a wobble in the bit holder. It held up for part of about 3 houses. The boss has a DeWalt that is very old and is in much better shape than the Rigid. I bought a Dewalt on clearance at Lowe's. It has a noisy clutch and I took it in for service and discovered it was built in 2001 and the receipt is no good because it doesn't have the serial number on the receipt to prove it is the same one I just bought. I took it apart and the clutch shaft in the nose piece is machined wrong. The shoulder is too high and the retaining clip will not catch in the groove.

Found a bit holder that fits my Skil Screwgun and has a retaining clip, but the clip is not very tight. I don't know if it will be enough to keep the bit in the holder or not. It is a Vermont American bit holder. I may not get a chance to try it out until next week as I don't know if there is any work available tomorrow and I am off Friday.

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dobony