Restoring Ceramic Tiles

I wouldn't dream of ripping out the bathroom tiles as that's too much work and money. All the same it would be nice if I can restore the polish on them.. The current idea is to use jeweler's rouge and a buffing wheel. Before I spend money on it has anyone tried this method before? Should the idea work what kind of coating can I apply on the tiles so that they will retain their polisged state longer.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Just clean the scum and hardwater off. Then keep them clean. You can apply car polish (not wax) afterwards.

Reply to
G Henslee

If they are glazed you will just take off the glaze if any is left.

If they are not glazed (rare), you can polish them with a wet diamond disk like the marble floor guys use. But you will have a somewhat wavy surface then.

Rouge will not be effective.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Leslie Pool Supply did carry a product called Scale B Gone which was very effective at cleaning pool tile. It's a gel. I believe the agent was hydrochloric, but don't remember. I haven't used it for tub or shower.

Reply to
G Henslee