residential electrical question

According to xxx :

Well, yeah, if the overcurrent wasn't too high. If the overcurrent was high enough, instead of melted copper droplets, you get copper vapor and even plasma.

Not sure how that's relevant here tho.

Good joke.

Eg: it has no truth.

Copper doesn't appear on the super conductivity table at all. If it ever becomes superconducting, it's going to be only at temperatures infinitesimally close to absolute zero (-273C). It certainly ain't at copper's melting point 1084.62C.

I don't know of any plastics that stay together at 1084C.

Let's say that all of the above was true. It'd only save you a few percent of your electrical bill (in-house circuit losses of a few percent).

Reply to
Chris Lewis

I suppose the mention of superconductivity was included to make the item's status as a joke more obvious.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

you cant GFCI a washer, it WILL nuisance trip.

Reply to
hallerb

They you are in deep shit when your AHJ accepts the 2005 NEC. If there is a laundry sink the receptical within 5' has to be GFCI. A properly working washer should not trip a GFCI.

Reply to
gfretwell