Residental circuit breaker panel

One circuit breaker is labelled "G.D. DW". Two circuit breakers are labelled "CONV".
What do those abbreviations stand for?
On Friday, June 8, 2018 at 3:06:51 PM UTC-4, condo owner wrote:

Gol Darned Dishwasher, obviously.
Turn it off and see if the dishwasher still works.
I dunno about the other one. If it's two breakers linked, it's for a 240 V circuit, which usually means a clothes dryer, range, hot water heater, AC unit, something like that.
What country, what size breakers? (15 A? 40 A?)
On 6/8/2018 2:22 PM, TimR wrote:

Garbage Disposal/Dishwasher would be good bet...

Nope, nothing specific comes to mind on that either..."convenience", maybe???
Then again, we don't know what amenities may be in the building, to try to match up; that there are two means something more generic likely unless is 240V ganged but that's not all that common any more; generally use the dualpole breaker.

On 06/08/2018 03:06 PM, condo owner wrote:

If you turn the breaker off, does the god damn dishwasher still work?  How about the garbage disposer?

Do you have dedicated circuits for a Convair 580 in your back yard?

Doh !
http://www.jacdec.de/2016/05/08/2016-05-05-conair-convair-cv-580-landing-mishap-at-manning/
Two breakers are labelled "DRYER" Two breakers are labelled "A/C" Two breakers are labelled "RNG" Two breakers are labelled "KIT" One breaker is labelled "WASHER" One breaker is labelled "GD DW" One breaker is labelled "GARAGE" Four breakers are labelled "CONV"
What does "CONV" stand for?
On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 12:43:45 -0700 (PDT), condo owner

That's dead easy.
Convenience outlets. the RNG is Range, KIT is Kitchen
On 6/8/2018 5:27 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

Maybe, but the one behind the headboard of the bed is not convenient at all. Should it read INCONV?
On 06/08/2018 06:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[snip]

When I want to plug something (120V) in, most of the outlets are hidden behind something. So, an outlet at switch height might be called a "convenience outlet".
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

It should be marked vibrator...
--
Tekkie

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 12:43:45 -0700 (PDT), condo owner

Convenience outlets, your general lighting load GD/DW is dish washer and garbage disposal. RNG is range.
On 6/8/2018 3:06 PM, condo owner wrote:

I agree it could be Dishwasher and/or garbage Disposal for the first two CONV = Converter. I'm Guessing.
Meanie wrote:

CONV= Convection oven?
On 6/8/2018 4:52 PM, Bill wrote:

Four of 'em??? :)
This post says there are two; another more extensive listing has four.
Pretty clearly "convenience" and lazy in not identifying "who's who in the zoo".

On 06/08/2018 05:30 PM, dpb wrote:
[snip]

Where I used to live, most of the (single) breakers had been labeled "lights". Not very useful.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

FOUR breakers????
Where are the lights? or the outlets????
They are "convenience circuits"
On 06/08/2018 07:17 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
[snip]

"Convenience circuits": Those installed in strange ways (for example, I know of a house where the outlet behind the refrigerator is the only thing on that circuit, except for the bathroom light) because it's convenient for the electrician :-)
--
"God is dead, but fifty thousand social workers have risen to take his
place." [J.D. McCoughey]

The requirement for a dedicated circuit for the fridge is fairly recent and actually pretty silly these days. It still needs to be in a AFCI

FOUR breakers in a house labelec converter?? Hardly. Believe me - it's "convenience". My dad was an electrician.
Law requires all breakers to be labelled.
"Convenience" is a generic label that passes inspection although it does not identify the location or composition - outlets vs lights. Used to make Pops fume when he saw them when he was on a service call - he has to trace the circuits to figure out where to start troubleshooting if there was a dead kight or outlet.
On 6/8/2018 7:15 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

  After 30 years of ownership I still don't know which breaker goes to exactly what in our Memphis property . However , the new house we're building has everything well labeled , like "OL S/E LR" which would be outlets on the south and east walls of the living room .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old