Replacing gas line to gas light

Some think wasting a valuable natural irreplaceable resouce doesnt matter:(

Well global warming might change their mind if a storm destroys their home.

Its just common sense to avoiid wasting stuff.

sadly too many lack that common sense:(

Reply to
hallerb

Some think wasting a valuable natural irreplaceable resouce doesnt matter:(

Well global warming might change their mind if a storm destroys their home.

Its just common sense to avoiid wasting stuff.

sadly too many lack that common sense:(

Reply to
hallerb

Some think wasting a valuable natural irreplaceable resouce doesnt matter:(

Well global warming might change their mind if a storm destroys their home.

Its just common sense to avoiid wasting stuff.

sadly too many lack that common sense:(

Reply to
hallerb
1/4" copper should be just fine. Copper and black iron is all that was used until we came up with the yuppified plastic shit.
Reply to
Steve Barker LT

I know I have to get a copper pipe but do not know exactly what else is needed and how to join each end of the pipe to the gas light or the gas meter. Have you ever done this?

Reply to
khonjo

You can see some available fittings here

I can't see what you have now so I can't tell you what you need to make the connection. I do know, that if you don't know, it is time to call a pro.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

A connector on the gas light fixture is female for 3/8 and a connector on the meter side is male for 3/8. It appears that I need to get connectors of appropriate gender which to be fit on both ends of the copper pipe which is to be installed. I read a book at a local Home Depot store and it appears to indicate that a type of connector fitting I need is "pressure fit connector". Is my understanding correct? What I am wondering is how to make joint air tight(or gas tight) between the pipe and the connector fit on the pipe.

Reply to
khonjo

In many areas of country you MUST be a licensed plumber to do outside gas line work.

If you DIY and theres a later poblem you could be held liable.

Like someone walking by tosses match and blows up:(

Some $ isnt worth the hassles:(*

Reply to
hallerb

It is not only $ but fun doing it myself. After all I will hire a pro and watch how he does it.

Reply to
khonjo

Yep, and freedom to choose will be a thing of the past. Land of the free, and the home of the regulated.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon