replacing felt lining on inside of a telescope cover?

I have a nice little telescope known as a Schmidt Cassegrain type. That's not really important, but what is is that the front of it is covered by a round metal cover. The inside edge of the round cover normally has a very thin felt lining that helps make a soft seal between the cover and telescope. The problem I'm having is that some of this felt has either ripped or worn away, leaving gaps in the supposed dust seal. What would be the best way for me to revamp this? To me, it looks like the original felt was on an adhesive strip and just pressed into place. The goal would be complete removal of existing felt strip, cleaning the area, and applying new however that would be done. Thank you in advance.

Reply to
R2D4

Perhaps a Flock It kit would work.

Ed Pawlowski

Do you have a photo of the box and felt?

Reply to
Muggles

Amazon has peel and stick felt:

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmid

you could go to "cloudynights" an astronomy newsgroup and join and post the question.They always have knowledgeable members when it comes to modding /repair work. Pat

Reply to
patrick

LeeValley has it also:

Gil