Replacement windows

Are there any vinyl narrow framed replacement windows that allows the existing storm windows and screens to remain in place and be used?

Reply to
Grant

No there isnt. The heat that would build up between the two windows would distort the vinyl.

Reply to
PAUL100

I don't know what you mean by "narrow framed". However, standard drop in place vinyl replacement windows (those that drop into the old frame) ALL can use the original storm windows.

I've done this several times. You, in effect, end with with a triple glazed window.

Vinyl replacements install from the inside after the old sashes and stops are removed. Thus the storm windows are not disturbed.

Doug

Reply to
sparks065

As mentioned, I've done it quite a few times. I've never had problems with the distortion of the vinyl.

Of course, I'm in New England. However, we do occasionally get 95 degree summer days.

Doug

Reply to
sparks065