Repairing sunken carpet caused by heavy furniture

Hi,

I recently moved into my new home. As the old owners had moved out their furniture I could see indents in the carpet where their furniture had been. The weight of the furniture such as bookcases, sofas, wardrobes and beds had sunken the furniture.

As the carpet is in perfect condition other than the above problem I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips on how to repair the carpet so it becomes flush with the rest of the carpet once again?

Thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Reply to
diarmuidbowe

It would help to know the composition of the carpet. If the fabric allows it, apply steam by placing a damp towel over the area and using an iron on the lowest setting. Gently fluff the area with a dinner fork.

Reply to
Phisherman

Place ice cubes into the depressions. They will melt and allow the fabric to expand back into the original shape.

Reply to
Ken15643