Repainting metal items in a duplex

I am doing several projects in a duplex rental unit. I need to repaint the baseboard heater units. What is the best method/paint to use for this? Also the metal bathroom cabinet that is metal(white in color) needs to be repainted(there are some rust spots/etc),again what method/paint would be best for this item? Finally there is a kitchen ceiling light fixture that has a round base that is flush with the ceiling. That base is metal and painted brown. The paint is peeling in several spots,so again what technique/paint would be best?

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
Bob

The labels on paint cans are fully informative

Reply to
m Ransley

Unless you value your time at zero, the best way to repaint the items you mentioned is to replace them. Typical builder-grade like used for a rental just aren't that expensive. If you really wanna repaint, it is best to remove the items from the unit, remove/mask all non-painted parts, and sand and paint about like you would a car fender. Make sure you use heat-rated paint for the heaters and light fixture.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

If this is a low end rental, the cost to repaint an inexpensive metal cabinet and light fixture may make the cost of replacement look attractive.

Reply to
NorMinn