Removing Wood Panelling

Last night I pulled down some 70's wood panelling. I thought it was just tacked up (it was very loose) but had several lines of this black, tar like adhesive. It had defied my attempts at removal with a putty knife and sand paper - any suggestions?

Reply to
smart_aleck72

You will have to scrape it off. When you do that you will damage the surface of the dry-wall, so you will have to go back over it with a thin coat of dry wall compound. After you get the surface nice and smooth you can prime and paint. It is a lot more work taking paneling down than it is putting it up.

Good luck Bill Gill

Reply to
Bill