Removing Floor Tile Grout

I need to re-grout a bathroom ceramic tile floor with badly discolored grout. The grout line width is 1/4 inch. What is the easiest (and best) way to remove at least 1/16 - 1/8 depth of the old grout? Is there a power tool that won't damage the tile?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Rob Houston

Reply to
Rob Houston

Never tried it, but Dremel makes a bit just for that. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Grout isn't really that hard. You should be able to rake it out with the proper hand tool. They make one for this specific purpose. A power tool will make a lot of dust.

Reply to
Phil Symonds

Look at the Fein Multimaster. They have carbide and diamond blades specifically for grout removal.

Boden

Rob Houst> I need to re-grout a bathroom ceramic tile floor with badly discolored

Reply to
EL