Removing a Bathroom Light Fixture.

Hello,

I have a lighting fixture installed above my mirror. I am installing a much bigger mirror (from sink all the way to the ceiling) and want to remove the lighting fixture as it'll be in the way. My question is what do I have to do after I remove it? Can I just leave it alone? As the mirror will cover it's location? I have an electrician coming in next week to install ceiling spot lights and the mirror guy is coming tomorrow...I know bad planning. The switch that activates that fixture will then be connected to the spot lights.

HELP!

Jazz

Reply to
jawadh

You can't abandon energized wiring behind the mirror. You need to locate and identify the wiring that feeds the fixture and disconnect it. It is OK to abandon disconnected wiring. When I abandon NM cable, AKA Romex, I usually cut off the conductors that are out of the outer sheath and write "Abandoned" on it with a Sharpie. If the wiring to the existing fixture routes through the attic you may be able to pull it up and re-use it for the the spot lights.

Reply to
Eric9822