Refrigerator relay kit changed causing burning smell

I have a Kitchenaid 25cf model about 5 years old. I just changed the relay on the compressor. I ran it for about 30 minutes and I smelled burning so I shut it off. The fan was running and the compressor got really hot. But there was no cooling in the fridge. The relay kit I used was from Maytag instead of whirlpool. Would that cause the problem? The parts store said it is the same thing.

Thanks.

-srg

Reply to
srg

Are you sure you wired it correctly? Sounds like the compressor motor never started.

Reply to
Charles Schuler