maytag refirgerator - water line frozen; refrigerator now a freezer

French door model MFD2560HES that has had this problem before. Kept the Maytag guy busy for a while - 6 visits in 2 months, maybe a year ago, including this issue, modified. At the time, the water line was frozen, but the fridge part was still acting like a fridge.

His initial solution was to tell me to adjust the temp. setting. After picking myself up off the floor, I told him since it was set within the range of temp options presented, perhaps the water line should work, since it was within their constraints.

He grudgingly agreed. Took out the drawers, and slapped some insulation on the piping in back. Voila.

Now, it's back with a vengeance.

Maytag cust "service" blew me off; transferred me to Home Depot Maytag line, who, once I told them I wasn't an HD rep, transferred me to Whirlpool. Whirlpool agreed to cover the parts but not labor.

I search the internets, and see that this is not a unique problem.

Anyone know which part(s) might be the issue or what the problem is? And, how hard it is to replace said part (thermostat?, blocked duct somewhere?, or ???)

Thanx Renata

Reply to
Renata

Go to repairclinic.com. Good parts/help from the experts there and replacement instructions come with the parts.. Incidentally, Consumer Reports has ratings on many fridges. Some Maytag models had significant repair problems. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe