Refrigerator ice/water dispenser plunger sticking. How do I fix this?

I have a Frigidaire model FRS26ZRFW1 and the plunger you push with the cup to make the ice/water dispense is sticking. Often we need to pull the plunger out manually in order to stop the dispensing. I could not find any information about this in the user's manual. My guess is that I either need to lubricate it (with what and how often?) or replace the spring (or whatever should kick the plunger back out). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

See picture of plunger here:

Franklin Bowen

I doubt it.

Probably.

I'm afraid I don't know what the cause may be on that particular model but you can see an exploded view parts breakdown of that model at the following link:

BTW. That link will work for just about any major appliance model number by just entering it in place of the "FRS26ZRFW1" in the line above.

Others can find tips for locating the model number on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi,

It is spring loaded. A good cleaning and lubricated with a food grade silicone grease is a good idea. The spring and keeper clip may just be broken and needs replacing!

kit ( comes with spring, switch, clip and actuator )

A parts breakdown of your dispensor that may help...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff