Refrigerator Control Board shorted-out...

**My Refrigerator Control Board shorted-out. Flames melted a JST connector. I replaced the control board. I replaced the connector. Then I checked all JST connectors that go to the control board with a digital multi-meter & all had power. Plugged it in & it began running. The frig sat unplugged for 10 days. Now its running & it is cooling but not very cold. This is a Whirlpool upright double door. The freezer & frig part are doing the same, not cooling much & ice cream getting soft in freezer. Could it have lose Freon? Or could it be fan motors? Or what?
Reply to
RJ

The thermostat is set for .................degrees?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Any Technical Service Bulletins on the control board?

I had a CB replaced under warranty on a brand new fridge. The first thing that the guy did was replace a resistor with a jumper. He pointed out the same "repair" on the original board.

Turns out the boards had been built from a bad set of drawings. The boards were fixed at the factory but the spares were typically done on-site.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson