Refrigerator Chemical Odor

My refrigerator has an intermittent chemical odor. I am certain it isn't food or spillage, etc. Normally it is fine, but when I turned the thermostat down to make it colder, the inside started smelling of some sort of chemical(freezer as well). Then when I turned the thermostat back up, the odor diminished. I tried this twice with the same results.

Could it be coolant (freon?) leaking or something like that? What are my options? Any insight greatly appreciated.

Reply to
ross_rosen

this is Turtle.

i have worked on them for a good many years but never heard that one at all. Awwwww.