Recommendations digital bathroom scale

Looking for recommendations for a digital bathroom scale. Thanks
On 3/3/19 12:18 PM, Andy wrote:

Consumer Reports has these digital scales: Taylor 7505 rated at 95. $25 Tanita HW-302 rated at 93. $60 Escali B180RC rated at 91. $30 Tania HD-357 rated at 90. $65
From April 2016.
On 3/3/2019 11:04 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Will the Taylor model support my big fat ass?
On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 1:04:22 PM UTC-6, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Thanks Dean.
Andy

I like the Renpho ES-CS20M. Very reproducible weight and it changes when you add something small in your hand like the cellphone. Loads the reading into your smartphone and tracks that.
Some of the feedback on Amazon that it does on a battery change is a bit of a worry but most don’t seem to get that and I havent change the batterys yet and its covered by the warranty if that does happen anyway.
On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 3:34:50 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:

I'm of the opinion that a high level of precision is unimportant on a scale .
I use a physician's balance beam scale. It does nothing fancy, and weighs only to the quarter pound. But, the battery never dies, and how much preci sion do you need? Your weight varies all day long with fluid intake and ou tput, meals, exercise, etc. Weighing to the ounce or gram is just silly. You're insisting on decimal points for a weight that varies slowly all day and night long. Which one is your real weight?
The common advice to weigh once a week is silly too. That doesn't avoid th e individual variation. You'd be mathematically correct to weigh every day and calculate a 5 or 7 day running average. By the central limit theorem cell means are normally distributed so you could do statistics.

Yes, but its useless if it doesn’t give the same weight when you weigh yourself repeatedly and fakes that by deliberately showing the same weight unless there is a big change in weight.

So isnt much use if you are trying to work out what meals produce a net weight gain and which ones produce a net weight loss and whether exercise does help with your weight loss.

I change the battery so rarely that I much prefer a quicker scale.

That’s why you weigh yourself at the same time of time, ideally just after you get up and after the first piss of the day, wearing the same thing every time, what you sleep in.

Not if you are working out what meals produce a net gain and whether exercise does help with weight loss.

You don’t need the real weight, it’s the weight change that matters and trivial to ensure its done with a fixed config every day.

Yes.

Or have the scales do that for you.

Much more convenient to have the scales or the phone do that for you.
On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 12:03:45 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:

You're just incredibly stupid, even for a troll. Tim is right. You're not going to determine which meals produce a net gain, whether exercise helps, by looking at gram or ounce changes in your weight. You can't. You need to maintain a diet and check after a week or two, at which point Tim's doctor type scale is perfectly adequate. And anyone who's been on a diet and monitored their weight, can tell you that your weight can go up or down by a pound or two or more, seemingly randomly, while you haven't changed what you eat or the amount of exercise. And then suddenly after your weight has been staying the same, it will suddenly be a couple pounds less on a day when you measure it. I've gone for several weeks, the scale registering the same weight, then suddenly two pounds lighter one day, without changing anything. And then it tends to level off there again for some period. Thinking you can weigh to the gram and figure out what's work ing is totally nuts. I've never heard such BS.

at matters

More BS, as anyone who'd dieted would know.

Much easier to just focus on the longer term, a week to week timeframe, as Tim said and no need to average anything. The more complicated you make it, the more likely people are to fail. Most diets probably fail because people have stupid expectations. They put 30 pounds on over 5 years, then expect to lose it in a month and thinking that they need to and can track in by the gram is equally dumb. First week the BS numbers don't seem right , they quit and it's back to the old ways.
On 3/4/19 9:11 AM, TimR wrote:
[snip]

Also, there's no point in having precision that goes beyond the device's accuracy.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

That’s not right when you are using the change in weight.
It doesn’t matter what you weigh, what matters is how the weight changes between weighing with body weight.

On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 2:28:54 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:

Yeah, down to the gram according to you, so you can track how much weight you've gained or lost after each meal. You really are the mayor of Stupidville.

I never said that and the scales I recommended doesn’t even do that.

Nope, how much the previous day's meals and exercise has affect your weight given that I said repeatedly that the only way to do it is with the same config every day, like just after getting up after the first piss of the day wearing the same clothes or nothing every day.
<reams of your lies any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed where they belong>
On 3/3/2019 10:18 AM, Andy wrote:

Do you want any of the bloated features beyond displaying your weight on a screen? If you want more, that should be your guide. One thing I discovered too late is that your scale should have a display big enough that you can read it without your glasses...remembering that you'll have the same scale 20 years from now and your eyesight probably won't be getting better.
My $2 garage sale scale displays all manner of crap like BMI. Why do I care? For most of us, the scale does one thing. It tells us to put the padlock back on the cookie jar if the number is too big. Having a BMI graph on your iPhone is worthless if you can still access the cookie jar.
There's a marketing opportunity. A scale that has the cookie jar attached that won't open if you're too heavy.
On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 7:24:21 PM UTC-6, Mike wrote:

I just need an accurate weight. Do not need any bells or whistles.
Andy

Much more convenient to have the weight automatically loaded into your phone etc than to have to do that manually.
And it doesn’t need to be accurate either, just reproducible so you can see trends over time and what effect various meals and physical activity etc has too.
I find it convenient to have it calculate BMI for your supplied height too because that’s the number that matters.
On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 9:12:00 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:

How about Andy is like most people and doesn't want to or need to load his weight into his phone? Is that OK with you? Or does everyone have to think they need to do that and track their weight by the gram, thinking they can see their weight gain or loss after each meal?

This from the moron that told us that he needs a scale to tell him if his weight is in the normal BMI range. The rest of us, of course look up our BMI range once, and if we give a damn, we simply remember the weight range. You need a scale and a phone and now you say it doesn't matter if it's inaccurate. Nice. So you really weigh 190 but the inaccurate scale says you weigh 175 and tells you that your BMI is in the normal range, while you're really overweight. See where I'm going, moron?

IF it matters to you at all, your normal BMI weight RANGE is what matters and everyone in this thread can remember two numbers, except you.

Nope, the death squad has its orders.
<reams of your even sillier shit flushed where it belongs>
On 3/3/19 7:24 PM, Mike wrote:

You might fine one with a detachable display you can put at eye level.
(or weigh your glasses separately)
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Plenty that load the weight into your phone that you can have at any level you like or look at after you have got off the scales.

On 3/3/19 1:18 PM, Andy wrote:

Ideally, all should work to keep their waist measurement less than half that of their height. For example, a 72 inch tall person should keep their waist less than 36 inches.
So put on that XXXL jogging suit and start pounding miles.