Recommendations digital bathroom scale

Looking for recommendations for a digital bathroom scale. Thanks

Reply to
Andy

Consumer Reports has these digital scales: Taylor 7505 rated at 95. $25 Tanita HW-302 rated at 93. $60 Escali B180RC rated at 91. $30 Tania HD-357 rated at 90. $65

From April 2016.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Andy snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

I like the Renpho ES-CS20M. Very reproducible weight and it changes when you add something small in your hand like the cellphone. Loads the reading into your smartphone and tracks that.

Some of the feedback on Amazon that it does on a battery change is a bit of a worry but most don’t seem to get that and I havent change the batterys yet and its covered by the warranty if that does happen anyway.

Reply to
Rod Speed

...one that lies

Reply to
Oren

Do you want any of the bloated features beyond displaying your weight on a screen? If you want more, that should be your guide. One thing I discovered too late is that your scale should have a display big enough that you can read it without your glasses...remembering that you'll have the same scale

20 years from now and your eyesight probably won't be getting better.

My $2 garage sale scale displays all manner of crap like BMI. Why do I care? For most of us, the scale does one thing. It tells us to put the padlock back on the cookie jar if the number is too big. Having a BMI graph on your iPhone is worthless if you can still access the cookie jar.

There's a marketing opportunity. A scale that has the cookie jar attached that won't open if you're too heavy.

Reply to
Mike

++++++1

Except that it is boring and annoying after awhile. We recently got rid of one AH here, but found another.

Reply to
trader_4

Just as true with the obese. Look at the belly, stupid.

Corse you were never that yourself, eh ?

Reply to
Rod Speed

Big John snipped-for-privacy@anytown.usa wrote

That measure is even cruder than the BMI.

And f*ck your knees in the process. Makes a lot more sense to stop shovelling as much food into your mouth.

Reply to
Rod Speed

TimR snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote

Yes, but its useless if it doesn’t give the same weight when you weigh yourself repeatedly and fakes that by deliberately showing the same weight unless there is a big change in weight.

So isnt much use if you are trying to work out what meals produce a net weight gain and which ones produce a net weight loss and whether exercise does help with your weight loss.

I change the battery so rarely that I much prefer a quicker scale.

That’s why you weigh yourself at the same time of time, ideally just after you get up and after the first piss of the day, wearing the same thing every time, what you sleep in.

Not if you are working out what meals produce a net gain and whether exercise does help with weight loss.

You don’t need the real weight, it’s the weight change that matters and trivial to ensure its done with a fixed config every day.

Yes.

Or have the scales do that for you.

Much more convenient to have the scales or the phone do that for you.

Reply to
Rod Speed

This from the terminal f****it that couldn’t even manage to work out what the gross income of a sole trader small business operation is.

Nope.

Wrong, as always.

Not possible for most. Makes a lot more sense to work out which of the meals does produce a net weight gain and what sort of exercise helps with weight loss and stop eating those particular meals.

And the single random time of day weight then will mean f*ck all.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage, and that’s saying something.

Only with f***ed scales that arent reproducible, and most arent.

Because those scales are useless.

Because those scales are useless.

There is no way that if you keep eating and drinking and identical diet each day and do the same amount of exercise each day that your weight can randomly vary by a couple of pounds.

How odd that those who need to control their weight like jockeys and boxers do it that way.

How odd that those who need to control their weight like jockeys and boxers do it that way.

Pity that weight every fortnight proves nothing.

Nothing complicated about weighing yourself daily just after you get out of bed in the morning after the first piss of the day, wearing the same thing every day.

Even a terminal f****it such as yourself should be able to manage that.

Most diets fail because they don’t satisfy the individual so they don’t keep to the diet.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have never had a f****ng clue about anything at all, ever.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I know exactly how income is reported from a small business. Let's recap, shall we? Fretwell proposed a new tax of 2% on all incomes. He can explain how it would actually work, but from what he said, it sounded like an additional 2% tax on adjusted income across all levels, including those who are currently paying no tax. You then made the stupid claim that it would unfairly hit small businesses and be applied somehow to their total business revenue, not the profit. That is not how it works today, nor has it worked that way in the past. If a small business that is not a regular corporation has $300K in revenue, $250K in expenses, only the PROFIT, ie $50K shows up as unadjusted income, on their tax return. That is what flows into their INCOME stream, not the ridiculous $300K. And that's where Fretwell's new 2% tax would apply, presumable after the usual deductions and arriving at the TAXABLE income. He was not proposing a business revenue tax, fool.

Provide us with any links to substantiate that you can analyze a person's weight down to the gram and determine what the effect of their last meal or two was on body weight loss or gain. You can't because it's just another dumb, Trumpian style lie.

You should patent your new diet, call it the moron diet.

As Tim tried to explain to you, people's weight varies by time of day without regard to what they've eaten. Do you crap every day at the same time? The same amount? Pee exactly the same amount down to a gram. Just how f****ng stupid are you?

You obviously know less than nothing about dieting and weight gain or loss.

That's BS, it's not an issue with the scale. Most people who have dieted know that weight loss isn't linear, even when maintaining the diet. You can go for weeks and not lose anything, then suddenly drop.

It's your bird brain that's useless.

Of course there is. How about one day you don't take a crap? Another day you drink more water. And people don't eat exactly the same thing each day when on a diet fool. We aren't cows. If one day the food has more salt for example, even though it's not related to body storage of fat, has no calories, it can cause you to temporarily retain a little more water, so you're weight goes up, but it has nothing to do with gaining or losing real weight, losing or gaining fat storage.

Not odd at all, you don't know WTF jockeys are doing. The closest to a jockey you've gotten is that you're a horse's ass.

What a moron. If you weigh yourself and you've lost 5 pounds in two weeks means nothing? But if you measure once a day and it shows a difference of a few grams it does? WTF? You're just as bad as that moron Mr. T, who just makes up BS and lies, lies, lies.

Reply to
trader_4

How would you know, being the recently arrived troll?

Reply to
trader_4

I just need an accurate weight. Do not need any bells or whistles.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Thanks Dean.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

But are too stupid to work out what fretwell was proposing the 2% surtax on.

Nope, on GROSS income.

Nope, he said very explicitly indeed on GROSS income. That’s BEFORE any deductions, stupid.

That’s what GROSS INCOME is with a small business, f****it.

He wasn’t talking about today, he was talking about his new approach to reducing the federal debt, f****it.

He wasn’t talking about the past, he was talking about his new approach to reducing the federal debt, f****it.

That’s its GROSS INCOME, stupid.

He wasn’t talking about a 2% surtax on PROFIT, he said very explicitly indeed that it was to be on GROSS, not PROFIT.

That’s not the GROSS, f****it.

Corse he was with his surtax on the GROSS income.

Don’t need any links for something as basic as that.

While ever you have the weight from a decent set of scales that are at least reproducible, but not necessarily accurate, and do that daily over a year or so, it stands out like dogs balls which meals produce a higher weight gain than others when the meals you eat vary significantly.

That’s how I managed to loose more than 10% of my weight in a few years by deliberately alternating a normal meal with a significantly lower calorie meal for the only main meal I eat, over a few years.

And that 10% reduction over a few years isnt something that is even visible without some scales which show its working initially and so worth persisting with that approach.

And it was also clear what difference exercise makes because I can't be arsed to bother in the winter but did make clear that it was worth doing in the better weather.

<none of the rest of your even sillier shit worth bothering with, all flushed where it belongs>
Reply to
Rod Speed

We've got this funky thing called groups google that lets anyone with even half a clue see what has happened forever, f****it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Much more convenient to have the weight automatically loaded into your phone etc than to have to do that manually.

And it doesn’t need to be accurate either, just reproducible so you can see trends over time and what effect various meals and physical activity etc has too.

I find it convenient to have it calculate BMI for your supplied height too because that’s the number that matters.

Reply to
Rod Speed

We'll see. So far Fretwell hasn't weighed in to tell us exactly what he was proposing. He said he wanted a new income tax, 2%, on "gross". The only logical, sane, meaning of that would be a 2% tax on gross INCOME, which in the case of a small business is the PROFIT, not the sales. That is exactly what we have now, the individuals GROSS INCOME, includes salaries and/or business INCOME, it has never included business revenue. Gross INCOME shows up on Form 1040, not business sales.

And GROSS INCOME to the individual is not the business revenue, the business sales, it never has been. But how would you know? You're a troll in Australia trying to tell me how our taxes are defined and work? I've filled out the forms moron. Business sales show up on Sched C and have never been considered INCOME. First you fill out Schedule C, where business sales go in, expenses get subtracted, profit is determined. That PROFIT then flows to Form 1040 where it shows up as GROSS INCOME. Fretwell only said "GROSS", the only sane interpretation of that is GROSS INCOME to the individual, which is business PROFIT, as currently defined and calculated above. He was proposing a surtax, not to undo accounting. But heh, I'm still waiting to hear from Fretwell. Maybe he really is nuts.

The logical, sane interpretation of that is indeed that he meant "gross income", which is where all INCOME shows up at the beginning of the federal income tax Form 1040. It includes business PROFIT. But being a troll from Australia, how would you know? You've likely never filled one out.

Most of it obviously in brain cells.

by deliberately alternating a

Sure and you could track your weight by the gram following the meal and measure the loss from the one different meal. Yeah, I believe that. I'm sure everyone else does too. ROFL Troll.

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

There's a long term (3-4 months) test called H1c that corresponds to blood sugar, and home (no lab involved) test kits are available.

One fact I found interesting is that bread (and similar foods) have a lot more effect on blood sugar than candy bars do. That's not a good excuse to eat too many candy bars.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

Also, there's no point in having precision that goes beyond the device's accuracy.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd