Recommendation, mini impact driver

A couple years ago at Harbor Freight, I bought a mini-impact driver.

I thought I would generally not need it because small screws I can take out with my screwdriver and my writst, but it was cheap and I had an inkling.

Tonight I needed to take apart a small grinding wheel/jig saw that someone gave me and I've used occasionally over the last 30 years.

9 Phillips head scrwes. Six came out the normal way, but 3 were stuck and I might ruin the heads if I kept at it. The mini-driver, about the size of a thin cigar, did the trick very easily. It comes with 5 or 6 bits, 2 phillips and one which iirc is a hex or 1/4" socket driver, and I forget the other 2 or 3.

I don't hang out at tool stores, but I do check out the tool department of any hardware store I visit, and I've never seen this anywhere but harbor freight. It comes on a card, hangs on a hook probably, with a clear layer of lastic cover, Well worth it, even if you only use it once.

Reply to
mm