Really had to improvise

Fixed a washing machine for a friend.
When I got there i realized my tool kit was missing a very important
item. I consulted the home owner for what she might have and I was bale
to improvise and get it repaired using red duct tape in place of black
electrical.
BTW: Those You_Tube repair videos really help!
Reply to
philo
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 13 Oct 2020 13:23:24 -0500, philo
Red is for hot water, blue is for cold water, black is for ice cold water.
Reply to
micky
You'd love the Pex plumbing in my house. Hot water uses red or blue while cold water uses red or blue. Some of the runs use both colors.
I raised it as an issue before I closed on the home purchase, but the inspector told me it's not like the situation with the NEC. He said when it comes to plumbing, there's little more than a gentleman's agreement on what color to use. He said they can use whatever they've pulled off the truck.
Reply to
Jim Joyce
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 13 Oct 2020 22:46:11 -0500, Jim Joyce
LOL, but I wasn't clear. Your pipes are fine, the color code applies only to tape.
Good to know.
Reply to
micky

Site Timeline Threads