Re-sizing Corian

Just purchased a new cooktop. Its 1/2 " too big. Can I use a jig saw to enlarge the opening?

Reply to
Bones

Yes ... but you need to use a very fine blade and cut slowly . Cover the top with masking tape where the saw will rub . A better choice is a router with a collar and guide fixture . The enemy here is localized heat , it can cause uneven stresses and crack your top .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Maybe with a fine tooth metal cutting blade. I have had fairly good luck with carbide tipped tools

Reply to
gfretwell

Do a little searching for some ideas to avoid an expensive mistake.

Ed Pawlowski

I have not read this and DuPont has other manuals on line:

Frank