Re: Getting Ryobi trimmer started?

I bought a Ryobi 4 cycle power head because the 2 cycle power head did not have the torque to operate the chainsaw attachment. The 4 cycle power head is a bit heavier, but it is a bear when it comes to power output. At first it started perfectly when the instructions were followed, After a couple of years it has become hard to start. Feels like the cylinder is flooded with fuel. I am becoming suspicious of to much oil in the crankcase. As soon as my son returns my equipment I check it out and post again.

I am also designing a stand for the machine that will hold it in place on the floor while I pull the cord while I hold it sown with my foot. I've had open heart surgery and starting that thing feels like I'm doing something bad. If my stand works I will publish a drawing with dimensions.

Reply to
ssaunders1004