Question about replacing thermostat..

I have a gave furnace about 20 years old. I replaced a old thermostat with a digital Honeywell. The old therm had two wires, red and white. I connected the red to the RH terminal and the white to the W. My question is do i need to leave the pre-installed jumper from RH to RC in place? I have no a/c unit, just the furnace. Thanks.

Reply to
sonofabitchsky