Question about New Kohler Toilet ...

Hello ...

I hope you don't mind a follow-up to my saga about the cracks in my toilet. :-)

I have purchased a new Kohler toilet (Wellworth) and had it installed Wednesay morning by a plumber.

The toilet has the 1.6 (gallons?) capacity. I believe my old one had a 3.5 (gallons?) capacity.

I've noticed that the water in the new toilet does not fill up the bowl as fully as the old one did. The old toilet bowl filled up considerably more with water, so that the water level was higher in the bowl.

The new toilet bowl has a considerably lower water level and does not seem to get as much water filled into the bowl after flushing.

Is this what it should be doing? Is this a result of the 1.6 (gallon?) capacity in the new toilet?

Or is there something I should do to increase the amount of water?

Many thanks for any advice.

Linda W.

Reply to
Linda W.

nospambob

If the unit works, don't worry about it. The Kohler engineers have a fine track record of success. Smile when you get your next water bill, it ought to be noticeably lower. Enjoy.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Hi, could you tell me about the new Kohler toilet?

Reply to
Tony

What you are reporting sounds normal to me.

Since this may be your first low flush toilet I will make a couple of comments.

First, most (all?) offer two kinds of flush. Normal and Extra. Hold down the handle a little longer for a stronger flush.

Many if not all have some adjustment capability. If everything seems to be working for you (after reading the first comment) leave well enough alone. If you are experiencing some problems then come back and ask for help.

Most of the current models are at least OK many are very good. Some of the early low volume flush toilets were not all that good.

Good Luck

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Assuming it works well. If you are just taking a leak, the low flush is fine and save water. If you are taking a dump, it is often necessary to hit the handle two or even three times for a proper flush and that way it actually takes more water per use. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

For most models the procedure is to hold the handle down an extra couple of seconds and that will still use less water. The better models (more expensive does not mean better) seldom need the help.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Not in my experience. Flushing more than once is never required. Water bills have definitely been lower since I installed the Kohler Wellworth.

Reply to
Alan

Both our Kohler & a Borg no-name 1.6gals have shallower levels in the bowl but generally flush fine (neither have the dual mode flush). At the risk of being indelicate, if feel like you might, um, beach a whale, (bran muffin for breakfast), I suggest before making your deposit, flush it once to "lubricate" the bowl. Yah it may seem to defeat the intent of a low-flush toilet, but this is not an every time technique so you still use less water over all.

Believe it or not, this topic still gets the occasional mathematician who rants about having to use more water flushing a 1.6 twice than their old 5 gal once.

Reply to
Kai Seymour