Q re two speed furnace fans

Hello,

I know this question has been asked in different forms on this group, but I couldn't find a very clear answer, so I was hoping for some new input.

I just recently bought a Concord 90% efficient gas furnace with a dual speed fan. The fan runs low speed when the furnace is not burning, whereas the high speed kicks in when gas is burned. My two questions are:

1) What is the purpose of running the low speed fan? Is it for more even heating throughout the house?

2) Does this save on gas (i.e. will the furnace burn less often?), and how many watts is the fan on low-speed?

In my case, the air circulation includes an uninsulated basement, whereas the thermostat is on the main floor.

Thanks in advance, Frenk

Reply to
Dave

Mostly, increases comfort, minimal temperature swings.

It may, but I don' t know for sure.

Look in the manual for the motor rating.

Insulate it and save a bundle.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This is Turtle.

1) Even out the temperature of the home.

2) From Low fan 200 watts to High fan 1,115 watts depending on what motor you have on it. More spec. would be needed to get closer.

3 The uninsulated space is hurting you big time.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE