Purpose of fuse in televlision

I left out that she has no car, she uses the bus when she gooes out of town, or sometimes takes a group tour. I dont' think a 40" tv woudl fit in my car, and I want out of this anyhow. Someone, maybe me, would have to take her shopping. She can use the transformer, that was her plan in the first place.

Reply to
micky

Surely the fuse would be identical, just the labelling changed for the benefit of people who did not know what it meant anyway...

Reply to
Mike Coon

Good point. And I have the 450 page owners manual so I can find t he fuse box.

Tonight a neighbor of my friend came by to tell me that my left tail light was on. It turned out my left parking light was on too. Even though the key was out and the car was locked with the fob. It turned out the turn signal level was "on", but even centering that was not enough to turn those lights out. I had to fiddle with the headlight/auto/??/?? switch. I guess I had the turn signal on when I turned off the car! Citroen.

I told me friend that the lights were leds and the car could go days with those two lights lit without running down the battery, but she didnt' believe me.

Reply to
micky

I guess it didn't. I might not have said this because I distrust some of the reports I've gotten but did I mention that the whole house went dark when this first happened? So I guess it wasn't fast enough.

Bedtime.

She claimed she needed no box. I'll ask her son.

I looked for thrift shops but I haven't looked on Craiglist. That's where I got an apartment one year, but this year the closest roommates wanted were 100's of miles away. Maybe covid is responsible somehow.

Reply to
micky

yes 40 inches!!

Reply to
micky

Hi Micky,

Twice the voltage in something not prepared for it is a crap shoot to fix. And sounds like you have taken a US television abroad? Heap of pain with standards and frequencies?

As others have posted, yeah - buy/bag a used TV

Some folks are throwing out their perfectly good 'old' 4 yr old LCD TVs the same way some of them throw out their mobile phones.

It's the apps. They have to have their apps.

It's a TV!

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Yes

Reply to
Clare Snyder

That is the euro spec "parking" or "standing" light required to be lit in many places if the car is standing on the roadway (street parking)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Interesting that I've had this car for 4 weeks and just found out about it. Of course some days I park it before dark.

Reply to
micky

UK law:

According to section 249 of the Highway Code, all vehicles must display parking lights when parked on a road or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph.

On roads under 30mph or under, you don?t need to use parking lights on a car if:

You?ve parked at least 10 metres (32 feet) away from any junction, close to the kerb and facing in the direction of the traffic flow You?re in a recognised parking place or lay-by. However, if it?s foggy, you should leave your parking lights on regardless.

British cars (and some other Euros) had single side parking lights implemented by leaving the turn signal on to the desired side with the ignition turned of (anf in some cases only with the key removed IIRC)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Very interesting.

Isn't that why they are called "parking" lights, because even in the US and Canada they were not especially used while one tried to park but while he was parked. When did that stop in the US, or did the name come from Europe?

Reply to
micky

I believe in Europe they are referred to as "side lights" oe "standing lights"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Not very often at all in english.

Reply to