Punxsutawney Phil saw his Shadow 2/2/2012 .........

TOP OF THE NEWS Feb 2, 2012.

The most significant news on this date it that Punxsutawney Phil saw his Shadow today. That means 6 more weeks of winter.

But there's a problem. Quite a few other groundhogs around the country did not see their shadows. For example, The Milwaukee County Zoo?s resident ground hog, Wynter, took center stage Thursday morning and did not see her shadow. Therefore, according to Wynter, we can expect an early spring.
This is better than 2011, when groundhog's day festivities were cancelled in Milwaukee, and other places around the country because of a massive blizzard. See:
According to
appears that throughout North America, there was a mixed opinion between groundhogs. Apparently they have not been contacting each other via email or cellphone, and have not had any meetings lately to discuss the weather. So which groundhog are we supposed to believe?

What does this all mean?

Well, this means that we all have to rely on science, technology, modern weather reporting, and those weather reporters on tv pointing at maps. If this dont suit you well, you can always just look out the window every day, go for a walk outside, and if it feels cold, it's winter. If the ground is white, it's winter. When things start to turn green and warm outside, it'll be spring. (The sooner the better).

In the meantime, on February 5, most Americans will be watching the Superbowl football game, and by the end of the game, many of them will be too drunk to know whether the weather is hot or cold or even exists. This may require 2 or 3 days to sober up, and that will bring them 2 or

3 days closer to Spring.

Myself, I plan to go outdoors around midnight and see if I see my shadow. If I do, this will mean that my porch light it turned on. If not, I better check the bulb, the circuit breakers, test the voltage, inspect the wiring and the switch..... This should bring me 2 or 3 days closer to Spring......

Happy Groundhog's Day

Reply to
jw

I've been to Punxsutawney and used to hunt around there. I can say with authority, that groundhog tastes like chicken ;)

Reply to
Frank

And here I always thought they tasted like ground pork !!!!

Reply to
jw