Problems with 12V and 5V lines on a PC ATX supply

I can't see any evidence in my newsreader that I asked in there, did I say I was going to? I only see it in s.e.basics.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Like hell you do.

Yeah,, yeah, some drunken drug crazed letterbox stuffer knows a lot more about everything than any designer does.

Yeah, right.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I just found a 1kW one from China for under £40. The people over in the electronics groups seem to think they're fine. And since my policy is to always run a PSU at 50% load for extra reliability, longevity, and voltage stability, it should work. If not I'll be getting my money back and a free supply that will work for something else.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You only add the n if the next word begins with a vowel.

And I am not Scottish in any sense of the word.

Nope, they love foreigners, which is why they're letting in all the immigrunts.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey