price of propane

Yeah, that happens *all* the time. Not.

Do his clothes catch on fire?

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

I have that problem, I have a matched set of a pretty expensive washer dryers and I don't want to throw them away. Same with the kitchen. I grew up with a gas stove and I like electric better. You can control the heat easier. Those chefs who try to convince you gas is better don't mention they never put anything on the stove and go sit down. They are teasing stuff in the flame the whole time, hence they like gas. I agree it is a thing of beauty watching a real chef cook delicate things over a roaring flame by keeping them moving but that ain't me.

Reply to
gfretwell

My ex put in a gas dryer when her electric crapped out but the gas was right there. My dryer is in a detached garage. You can't really get there from the house without ditching through my flag stone patio. I suppose the good news is the grill and the water heater are close to each other and the oven is right there but I don't want to replace it.

Reply to
gfretwell

America's favorite cooking appliance is the microwave...and they don't come in gas.

Reply to
Buck Fiden

Dryer fires are mostly caused by clogged exhaust ducts.

The real problem with propane is that it's heavier than air so I wouldn't want it installed in a house with a below-grade crawl or basement.

Reply to
Smokey Behr

Keep in mind that normal electricity and natural gas are cheaper than propane. So are solar and wind.

Reply to
bruce bowser

It's hushed up, by the propane and NG interests. They bribe the fire department and press when necesary.

I think so. He's frequently wearing new clothes.

Reply to
micky

Electricity is quite a bit cheaper than propane in my area. The club where my wife worked had seven heated pools and their cost benefit analysis came out that a heat pump was cheaper than even natural gas but some of that was amortizing installation cost. They said they would revisit it as the heat pumps were reaching EOL.

Reply to
gfretwell

You are a piece of work Bob. Don't you know who you are responding too?

Reply to
Frank

Yeah. In a way I shouldn't tried it before I exhausted the propane torch method, but I did. I tightened as hard as I could with a big adjustable wrench and it didn't crack. Didn't even dent, I think. I can try again with a better wrench and an extension.

But tomorrow I will see if the attempt to split it made it easier to unscrew.

I could let the propane torch ruin the insulator, but underneath that is the fan, also plastic and about 20 dollars.

BTW, my splitters are two sizes, plus there is 1/2 nut included for no apparent reason.

And they're made in Taiwan. Still had the Ollie's label, a surplus "discount" store whose branch near me closed about a year ago. Maybe pandemically. (other branches still open)

The tap and die set was almost big enough to rethread the motor shaft but not quite. It's made in Japan.

By real Americans, not the red horde.

Reply to
micky

Aha. Makes total sense. I'm glad I asked. A couple webpages I looked at a little bit didn't suggest that, though maybe that was off-topic for them or I didn't read enough.

I wouldn't mind buying one, especially if I can fill the 14 oz bottles from the big tanks with it. Maybe I can find one that does both.

And the plastic fan underneath that.

Reply to
micky

Good idea. Are the air wrenches are a lot better than electric??

Thanks, and thanks Bob F.

P.S. the blade does turn against the nut, insulator, and plate, but it taeks a lot of effort with a 3' extension, so it won't just be the motor shaft/armature's inertia.

Reply to
micky

Maybe. Looking for ideas like this is the reason I posted. But in practice, this one is above my pay grade.

Reply to
micky

My big electric hits "harder" or "sharper" than my old air gun but the air gun applies more force. Either one would do the job (with

150PSI for the air)
Reply to
Clare Snyder

Propane is trucked and hauled by train instead of pipes so the supply is a large part of the availability and price situation - particularly the volatility

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I have an 18v Makita that will kick my 1./2" pneumatic Ingrersoll Rand's ass. (Air at 150psi)

Reply to
gfretwell

One more time. All questions are answered here (right hand thread, should you replace the isolator etc)

gfretwell

They have them refurbished for $60 and if I thought I'd ever use it again, I'd buy one. I wish I'd gotten to this point when I had the pickup, but I think I can get the lawn mower in the medium-sized car trunk.

Reply to
micky

Electric motor. No free shaft to put in a vice. It's all in the motor, maybe an inch between the frame of the mower and the blade.

I thought about that, but 2 or 3 instructions, inc. Black and Decker's manual showed it right handed.

Maybe the guy who lent me his pickup has one. I don't know anyone else who does such things.

Or maybe I can get it in the trunk of my car.

Reply to
micky

Interesting thing on talking to friend this am. He had tank filled at BJ's to full 20 lb and when he went to use the grill yesterday gas stopped and regulator was frosted over. He could thaw it it with his hand but if he did not hold it, it frosted again. He blamed regulator and when switched did not have problem. I suspect tank was nearly overfilled and liquid was evaporating from regulator. Cannot think of another reason.

Reply to
invalid unparseable