We have a 8 year old house and have been having power problems the
last few days.
When we turn on any large (or high draw appliance-washer, microwave,
hair dryer etc) some of the lights dim (the incandescent ones) and
sometimes stay dim until the device shuts off. This is a new problem
and has never happened. We've not done any new wiring or added any new
An electrician friend checked the breaker panel says it's probably a
bad 'neutral?' and to call the local utilities. The local utilities
checked the meter and said all was fine, but put a 'logger' on it to
check the meter over a day or two.
Thats where we are now, waiting for the utilities to come back to see
if they spot anything on the log.
In the meantime, (or if they say nothings wrong) anybody have any