Power cut stats

As of 7 PM, 3423 people without power, in Monroe county, NY state. Monday October 28, 2012.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
30 Ekim 2012 Sal=C4=B1 00:59:00 UTC+2 tarihinde Stormin Mormon yazd=C4=B1:

tekingoktekin

Any stats on how many have emergancy gen sets?

Reply to
NotMe

I'm not sure how to find out. My SWAG is about 5% or fewer. When we had ice storm 2003, a few people in my area had generators running, but few.

.

Any stats on how many have emergancy gen sets?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My extended family has, literally a truck load of gen sets. Most obtained when folk up graded the gen sets in RV or more frequently elected to replace a troublesome existing gen set. Which we fell hair to.

Last week we sent out a load to E KY and W NC and some other states. None went north of W VA. Mostly to older family members who's homes have become the go to place for bad weather.

Usually end up supporting two to four close by homes so we're a bit popular when they show up.

Reply to
NotMe

Up here in Ontario I have an old Onan that I just started today for the first time in about 7 years. I think it is the only one within 2 blocks in any direction.

Reply to
clare

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:jBFjs.312$ snipped-for-privacy@fe48.iad:

Ice storm.....1991. You must not have lived here,yet.

Reply to
PeterD

I first saw snow and ice when I was 10 y.o. didn't like to then and don't like it now. I put up with it when I have to but perfer to head south when any hint.

Reply to
NotMe

You know, that's a good way to get a genset. I got my first one, when my sister the Yuppie had one that would not run. She bought another one, and I got her old one. Which was able to be repaired.

I'm glad to hear you're generous with your loot.

For me, hair mostly falls off. I don't get hair generators very often.

.

My extended family has, literally a truck load of gen sets. Most obtained when folk up graded the gen sets in RV or more frequently elected to replace a troublesome existing gen set. Which we fell hair to.

Last week we sent out a load to E KY and W NC and some other states. None went north of W VA. Mostly to older family members who's homes have become the go to place for bad weather.

Usually end up supporting two to four close by homes so we're a bit popular when they show up.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Explain? I'm not sure what you are asking?

.

Ice storm.....1991. You must not have lived here,yet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:JhGjs.219807$ snipped-for-privacy@fed14.iad:

Since you top post and don't have any indicators of the quoted text, it's confusing. OE will place quoting marks when you tell it to do that.

Reply to
PeterD

When I was about 10, we had a snow storm that was a bit much. I remember the snow pile, near a store. They had cleared the parking lot, and put all the snow at one end. I think they used front end loaders. A friend and I used small shovels to chip a tunnel, and slid through. That was fun.

Ice Storm 1991, I was part of the affected area. I lost power for about two hours. I spent the next two weeks driving hot food to friends.

.

I first saw snow and ice when I was 10 y.o. didn't like to then and don't like it now. I put up with it when I have to but perfer to head south when any hint.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I remember the one of 1956-- Dad had just replaced the gravity fed hot air coal furnace with a new-fangled fan driven electricity-dependent oil burner.

2 weeks huddled around a fireplace that was more show than heat.

Good times- Jim [I got my first generator on day 4 of the outage during the ice storm of 2008]

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht