portable heater/ac

I am looking for an alternative to a thru-the-wall PTAC for my 10' x 20' window-less shop. Does anyone have any advise/suggestions for a portable heater/ac? thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dan-o

Hi there, We bought a portable 12K BTU AC/heater for our converted garage and it works great..Or at least the AC part does, have not had it thru the winter yet..I searched comments and specs and the Sunpentown WA1210H seemed the best bet..It has electronic controls and heats with heat pump technology instead of heat strips like most..It "claims" to expel the condensate thru the exhaust tube (you would have to provide a hole in a wall for this to exit) but if you live in a humid climate that may not work as well..I live in Austin Texas and it's as high as 100% humidity and I might have to empty mine once or twice a week..We plan on installing a copper tube thru the wall to allow it to drain constantly..The instructions say that when you use heat they recommend constant drain as the auto evep system I guess does not work when the system is reversed..It cools nicely and quickly a converted two car uninsulated garage..It's not exactly quiet but not too bad..For the money you can't beat it..You will find several vendors on line...I did try the heat function and it appears it will work well... Hope this helps! John

Reply to
John

Mini-split.

~kjpro~