Porch 'Possum

Anybody have an idea how I can get rid of the big opossum that's living under my back porch? I just want her to move somewhere else.

How do I know it's a female? A couple of months ago there were at least three babies back there. I sprayed some animal repellent and did not see them again, but now big mama is back (if she ever left at all).

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

On Mon 03 Jul 2017 01:08:39p, slate_leeper told us...

Some people roast them, along with sweet potatoes.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Dead or alive?

Alive.....use a live capture cage to catch it then dump the bitch far from home. There are remedies such as ammonia, mothballs, pet hair, motion activated sprinkler, etc. which apparently keeps them away, but if you haven't any way of knowing they are under the porch, you can't proceed with closing the openings. Thus, the cage will ensure you have it.

Dead.....use the same capture cage and BANG. They also have kill traps but be careful if you have pets roaming outside. You'll have to set it up where the pets can't go. The same applies for poison.

Reply to
Meanie

Why not just enclose the porch so it is not such an attractive place for critters to live?

Reply to
gfretwell

Might take the largest Hav-a-hart. I've got one that takes groundhogs but not big enough for mature raccoons. I think possums can get large.

State laws vary. Here you can catch and kill but not release. I release anyway.

Reply to
Frank

Electric fence.

Reply to