polymeric sand and driveway gaps

Hi All,

The expansion gaps in cement driveways that fill full of weeds would be solved with polymeric sand, but would it cause the cement to crack when it tried to expand?

And would the polymeric sand also crack when the cement tried to expand?

Many thanks,

-T

A search grabbed this. Do you plan on a walkway or a total re-do? I looked at your pics. This stuff is a buck a pound.

When it comes to sands, there are a few options to choose from, such as a natural fine dry sweeping sand or a synthetic sand blend. However, polymeric sand is unique because it will allow the joints to expand and contract with the elements like hot sun during the summer and below-freezing temperatures in the winter. It will also bond your pavers together so weeds and insects don’t make their home between each slab or stone.

Reply to
Thomas

I had never heard of this stuff and looked it up and see it is mix of sand, cement and polymer formulated for crack filling. I patched a crack in my garage floor with a mix of sand and epoxy years ago and it has held up quite well although you can see the color difference.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

A walkway show in red on the pics

Nothing cheap. Regular cement sidewalks and a weed whacker will have a comma in the price but it can match what you have. Sorry to hear about how sensitive the allergies are.

Reply to
Thomas