Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

Most people are two-faced. They buy deeply-discounted non-refundable cheap tickets but then have a flat tire on the way to the airport (or some other lame excuse) and miss their flight, then the little snowflakes kick/scream/cry/demand seats on the next flight.

Who pays for the missed flight's empty seats? (Yah, I know. The snowflakes expect the airline to absorb the loss.)

The primary reason airlines overbook in the first place is because of irresponsible/late/no-show people that can't plan well enough to make it to the airport on time.

Reply to
Grumpy Old White Guy

Most people are two-faced. They buy deeply-discounted non-refundable cheap tickets but then have a flat tire on the way to the airport (or some other lame excuse) and miss their flight, then the little snowflakes kick/scream/cry/demand seats on the next flight.

Who pays for the missed flight's empty seats? (Yah, I know. The snowflakes expect the airline to absorb the loss.)

The primary reason airlines overbook in the first place is because of irresponsible/late/no-show people that can't plan well enough to make it to the airport on time.

***Old man you need little "Education" if you made Reservation you can not back out it is paid for, unless you have taking Flight Insurance for which you must need to have good reason to back out! "Only criminal or suspected criminal or abnormal behavior person can be removed from any Public transportation. "NO wouldha, Couldha or Shouldha" is not acceptable! United Airlines CEO should be in Jail and pay fines minimum of (1) one Million for they action and the airport Police should be fined too "Because this dose not have anything to do with Criminology it is Civil matters which must be resolved in court of Law, which apparently police decided to take rules on them self. They action is Gestapo tactics and it is not acceptable... This action of United is General practice and our Ethical DOJ should step-in and make sure that never happens again. I had reservation on United airlines from San Francisco to Newark NJ with Handicap spouse in Business class next to each other because of her condition, and paid for; but after I check in I was split with my spouse and put all the way in back cabin Couch class where space is limited even for person to fart. No I will not accept apology from UAL or their CEO it would be to companionate to call them ?Filthy Bastards?!

Dear CEO shove apology to your ???? We do not need apology but action!!!

Reply to
Tony944

They lose their tickets. It's happened to people I know.

Why on earth are you bringing up the Trumpet's promises in a thread about airline "terrorism" ? []'s

Reply to
Shadow

That comes with it's own problem. They will not give you your bags back. You might get them delivered to you a few days later but they may also tell you they are at the airport, come get them. They might also tell you they can't fly your bags if you are not on the plane.

Reply to
gfretwell

That comes with it's own problem. They will not give you your bags back. You might get them delivered to you a few days later but they may also tell you they are at the airport, come get them. They might also tell you they can't fly your bags if you are not on the plane.

United Airlines CEO should be in Jail and pay fines minimum of (1) one Million for they action and the airport Police should be fined too "Because this dose not have anything to do with Criminology it is Civil matters which must be resolved in court of Law, which apparently police decided to take rules on them self. They action is Gestapo tactics and it is not acceptable... This action of United Airlines is General practice and our none Discriminating Law do not permit that. DOJ should step-in and make sure that never happens again. Personal Experience: I had reservation on United airlines from San Francisco to Newark NJ with Handicap spouse in Business class next to each other because of her condition, which I paid for; but after I check in I was split with my spouse and put all the way in back cabin Couch class where space is limited even for person to fart. No I will not accept apology from UAL or their CEO it would be to companionate to call them ?Filthy Bastards?! "Only criminal or suspected criminal or abnormal behavior person can be removed from any Public transportation!! ?NO? Wouldha, Couldha or Shouldha" is acceptable!

Dear CEO of UAL shove apology to your ???? We do not need apology but action!!!

Reply to
Tony944

He broke no laws.

But they broke many.

Jury will see that and rule accordingly. :-)

Reply to
Andy

The airline owns the airplane. If an airline representative asks you to get off the plane, you should be obligated to do so peacefully.

Wanna fight it? Go see Judge Judy.

But we agree on one thing, juries are scary-stupid. Dr Duh will likely get a pile of cash.

FWIW, if I had my way, this clown would have to pay restitution to all the other passengers and the airline for delaying the flight.

Reply to
Bill

Airline already reimbursed the passengers.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No, just stupid. Too stupid to get off jury duty. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

And now that airlines have said they will offer up to $10,000 to passengers to get off the plane, what will happen next is predictable. They will ask for volunteers, some guy will accept at $300 and some other passenger will start a fight, attack him, because it interfered with his expected $5,000 or $10,000 pay out.

Reply to
trader_4

Wrong again. Whether a ticket is refundable or not depends on the airline policy and the particular ticket. There are full fare tickets that are refundable. Many other tickets, while not refundable can still be used, subject to a change fee.

It's not public transportation, the govt does not own the plane or the airline.

"NO wouldha, Couldha or Shouldha" is

which apparently police decided to take

You come into my store, have a dispute with me, I try to reason with you, we can't agree, so I tell you to leave, you refuse, I call the cops. You refuse the cops order to leave. What happens next?

Reply to
trader_4

IMO, it was just as dumb for Delta to publicly announce the upper limit. Bumping will be turned into an auction. I know I'd grab if the prize got big enough. I'd certainly go for $5000 because the next guy may take it at $5100 and then all I'd get is a trip home.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm doing $4900 :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Not like the old days. If you finished your business early and had a 5 o'clock flight on TWA you could use that ticket to get on the 2:15 on Eastern Airlines if they had a seat.

Another trick to get cheap fares was to book two dates on different airlines as the lowest fare required a Saturday between. My boss went to Chicago on Monday on Delta, returned on Tuesday on United. A week later I used the other half of the tickets yo go on United and return on Delta. No ID was needed at the gate, just a ticket.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They were careful to say "taken off a plane". The auction at the gate did not change.

Reply to
gfretwell

They would not do it where I worked but EU divisions would buy two round trip tickets to US for a brief visit and even throw half away to save money.

I flew once from Philly to Cincinnati with a marketing manager who used her own travel agent and ticket was $100 less because her trip started in NYC to transfer in Philly so she just threw away the NYC to Philly parts.

Reply to
Frank

It would never occur to me to "get off" jury duty. It's my duty as a citizen. Or perhaps the concept of "duty" is unknown to you.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

not to mention the CEO said he was horrified by the video and said it should have *NEVER* happened. So much for the Monday quarterbacks

Reply to
ChairMan

saying "it should never have happened" is not the same thing as being legally liable.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

He's right. Not knowing their policies and who has authority to do what no one here can say exactly what should have been done, of course. The problem should/could have been taken care of before boarding. Sometimes you even have to go outside of the policy to get the job done. The passenger was being an a-hole too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski