Plywood cutting time saver

If you have more than one sheet of plywood to cut, this tip saves time

Ed Pawlowski

That's genius.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

A 14" circular saw with a fence? It doesn't take a lot to impress you.

Reply to
gfretwell

These days, I bet that stack of plywood costs more than his brand new pickup...

Reply to
Wade Garrett

No, a 10" jobsite table saw, AKA contractor's saw, inverted, with a fence.

Have you ever tried to cut a full sheet of material on a jobsite saw? It's neither easy nor safe. He made it relatively easy and much safer.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

On Thu, 20 May 2021 00:16:34 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

Oh no, the rip guide is an 1? off :(

Reply to
Tekkie©

If you look at the kerf, it looks to be 5-6" deep, looking like a 14" saw. This is just a big skill saw with a nicer rip fence.

Reply to
gfretwell

I'm surprised to see that you don't recognize that type of saw. Those things all have a 10" blade. They don't come any bigger and they can't accommodate a blade bigger than that. If the blade is fully raised, the depth of cut will be about 3.5" deep.

(Depth of cut, not 'kerf', since kerf refers to the thickness of the blade, rather than its diameter. Full kerf usually means 1/8", while thin kerf is somewhat less than that.)

It's just a standard 10" jobsite table saw, flipped upside down. It still has its stand attached. It looks like a Porter Cable or possibly a Delta.

For example:

Jim Joyce

Even more reason to wonder why you were so amazed.

Reply to
gfretwell

I'm even more amazed that you didn't know the difference between a skil saw and a table saw.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Once you pick it up and turn it over, the only distinction is size.

Reply to
gfretwell

And safety features. (who calls circular saws "Skil saws" anymore?)

Reply to
krw

Old farts. They are all either circular saws, reciprocating saws or chain saws. I look at it like you bring the work to a table saw and you bring a skil saw to the work. This is clearly bringing the saw to the work.

Reply to
gfretwell