Plumbing.....extension?

I'm getting in a project to remodel a downstairs half-bath. Part of the remodeling will be to rebuild the floor with laminate flooring. Now comes the problem. I'd like to put the laminate over the flooring that already exists in the half-bath. But, the laminate will raise the flooring higher than the flange for the toilet. Any ideas? Is there an extension that might fit into an older flange for that type of retrofitting?

Reply to
rile

Get two wax rings. Problem solved.

Reply to
Brian

On 2/18/2005 1:10 AM US(ET), rile took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

They sell plastic rings that fit over the flange.

Reply to
willshak

Not a problem...You can buy a plastic extension piece in any plumbing supply or Home store that will add 1/2 inch to the flange height. You can also get a special wax ring ( I got mine at Home Depot) which is thicker and has a plastic insert, made for just this purpose. It costs about a dollar more, and is supposed to work with the flange up to about 3/4 of an inch below the floor.

Reply to
Mikey S.